0154. Italian Spumoni Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
Recipe for Friday, April 13th, 2012:
Italian Spumoni Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
Recipe via Betty Crocker
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time:as directed
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 3/4 of box (4-serving size) pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/4 cup cherry juice (from jar of maraschino cherries)
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped chocolate frosting
- 18 whole maraschino cherries with stems
(A conversion table can be found here.)
Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups.
Make cake mix as directed on box; divide batter evenly into 2 bowls. Add 3/4 box pudding mix to 1 of the bowls; mix well. To other bowl, add cherry juice; mix well.
Divide pistachio batter evenly among muffins cups. Divide cherry batter evenly over pistachio batter in muffin cups. Bake cupcakes and cool completely as directed on box.
Frost cupcakes with frosting. Top each with cherry.