Recipe for Friday, May 27th, 2011:
Nectarine Cupcakes with Cream Topping
Recipe via Martha Stewart
Prep time: unknown
Bake time: 25 minutes
Serves: 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium nectarines, peeled, halved, pitted, and finely chopped (1 1/4 cups)
Ingredients [Cream Topping]:
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium nectarine, halved, pitted, and very thinly sliced
(A conversion table can be found here.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with baking cups.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir together milk and vanilla. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With mixer running, add eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating twice with milk mixture.
Fill each with 1 tablespoon batter, 1 heaping tablespoon chopped nectarines, and an additional 2 tablespoons batter. Bake until edges begin to turn golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool in tin.
Make topping: Whisk together cream, sour cream, and sugar to medium peaks.
Top cupcakes with a dollop of cream and nectarine slices.