Recipe for Sunday, October 9th, 2011:
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe via I Can Cook That
Prep time: unknown
Bake time: 18 minutes
Serves: not specified
Ingredients [Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes]:
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Green Mountain Coffee Pumpkin Spice K-Cups (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
Ingredients [Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing]:
- 1 8 oz. package of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used a baking emulsion instead)
- 1 16 oz package of powdered sugar
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
(A conversion table can be found here.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin pan with liners.
In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt & coffee grounds. Mix to combine. In a large bowl, add the pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and oil and blend. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture and combine on low speed. Add the second half of the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
Fill the cupcake liners about three-quarters full. Bake until the cupcakes are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean about 18 minutes. Transfer the pans to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the pans and let cool completely.
Make icing: Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract in a large bowl using a mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing to combine.
Top cupcakes with icing. Sprinkle with cinnamon.