Recipe for Friday, June 28th, 2012:
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Requested by legitimatizeyourmind.
Daily Cupcake Recipe editor’s note: Okay, so this one isn’t exactly a recipe for cupcakes. We’re going to cover for that by posting other, similar recipes. If anyone tries this in cupcake liners instead of as a cake, please let us know how it turns out!
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse.
(via Food Network)
Prep time: unknown
Inactive prep time: unknown
Cook/bake time: 20-25 minutes
Serves: 8 servings (as a cake!)
Ingredients [Cookie Cake]:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
- Sweetened cocoa, for garnish
- Sweetened whipped cream, accompaniment
(A conversion table can be found here.)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 14-inch, light colored, round pizza pan with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, beating well after the addition of each.
In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix with a whisk. Add to the butter mixture, mixing to incorporate, and add the vanilla extract. Fold in the dark and white chips and the nuts.
Spread across the bottom of the prepared pan and bake until the edges are golden and the cookie is set but the center is still slightly soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To serve, sift confectioners’ sugar and sweetened cocoa over the top, and cut into wedges. Serve sweetened whipped cream on the side.